Storage question....

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on 26 Oct 2012 5:25 PM

I just started my venture in metal stamping and I must say little more tedious than I thought it would be but my question is how do you store you steel stamps of course my letter/number set came in a box but I ordered 36 individual ones that I need storage ideas for that will make them portable and easy to access the proper stamp quickly.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 370
BogIron wrote
on 13 Nov 2012 3:53 PM

I don't do much in the way of stamping metal but I do have about twenty or so of them. I had a scrap piece of oak that I drilled thirty holes in(Why thirty? Planning for more to come I guess) to a depth of an inch and a half. This holds the stamps nicely and they are easy to see and I can put it away when not using them and it doesn't fall over and dump them. I guess that I should do something similar for my repousse tools but for some reason I keep those in an old soup can.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 52
on 4 May 2014 6:42 AM

Well you can buy stamp holders from online stores. Those are easy-to-use and portable. Here's a link to one of the holders that I use: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Standard-Bench-Made-Steel-Punch-Stamp-Die-Set-Metal-Numbers-Wooden-Case-/301160138989?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461e8b08ed

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS