How do I make stud earrings?

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
chelseaglam wrote
on 17 Aug 2012 12:36 AM

I am interested in creating a pair of BEZEL set stud earrings. I know the bezel setting I want. It is 5mm and has a depth of 3mm, so flatback Swarovski crystals wouldn't work I don't believe. (they'd probably be too short) What kind of SWAROVSKI crystal works for a bezel setting?

I want to make them similar to these: http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1111908/product/Harley_Fuchsia_Pierced_Earrings_Set.html?CatalogCategoryName=0110

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Casey.R wrote
on 21 Aug 2012 7:38 PM

I bet those aren't flat. can you find them in a pointed version and create a tube setting? I think there is a tutorial here somewhere. Or buy a commercial setting.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 15
on 22 Aug 2012 6:03 PM

One way is to cut a disk slightly larger than the crystal.  Cut a small strip the loenght necessary to wrap the crystal. Solder the ends of the strip.  use a conical dapping tool and block and make your bezel.  Solder the bezel to the disk. Solder a piece of wire to the back of the disk for a stud.  Polish your metals. Set your crystal and burnish the bezel down around the crystal.  Add a back of your choice and sell!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS