Hi from Texas!!

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bornzonio wrote
on 25 Jan 2013 10:21 AM

Hello, I'm Ken and I live in Austin Texas.

I've been cutting stones for 25 years or so, but not for a living.
I used to cut calibrated cabs that would fit into standard settings, and sometimes
dabbling in old fashioned steam casting. Occasional simple soldering projects.
And sometimes cutting free forms that could fit with bell cap or simple findings.

The past couple of years I have been making all my own settings from sterling.
I do fabrication as well as casting.
I'd like to learn more designs and techniques as well as more efficient ways of
fabrication and wax working. I would also like to learn how to sell online.

I have a dual vertical lap Crystalite diamond demon, they don't make those anymore to my knowledge.
Also a double arbor machine I made with a 6 x 1 1/2 inch diamond wheel on one side
and a 6 inch expandable drum on the other, powered by an old washing machine motor.
A lortone 6 inch trim saw I run with water and a lortone 10 inch automatic slab saw which uses mineral oil.
A paragon firefly kiln, a lucas long arm centrifugal casting machine, matt wax gun,  an oxy/propane torch along with a mapp torch, and various bench tools.

Thank you for letting me be here.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
clutchcargo wrote
on 26 Jan 2013 8:12 PM

hello have you ever used crown machines

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 960
TammyJones wrote
on 1 Feb 2013 3:36 PM

Hi Ken, welcome to Jewelry Making Daily! Thanks for introducing yourself and your work to us.

I always like to welcome new members by sharing our free eBooks and video tutorials. You can find them all here:

http://www.jewelrymakingdaily.com/content/Free-eBooks.aspx

I hope you'll find something there that interests you and possibly that will help or inspire you as you make more of your own settings. There is a jewelry business eBook there that should help get you started selling online, too!

Thanks again for joining us. I look forward to seeing more of you and your work on JMD.

Tammy

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS