Quality supplies

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
PFHJ wrote
on 4 Jan 2013 8:18 PM

Hello, I am fairly new at making jewelry. So far, I have bought my supplies from Ebay, Walmart, and a local Bead store. I am not completely pleased with the quality of the findings and some of the beads. I would like the materials to be strong so they will last for my customers and friends.  My budget is limited so I need the cost to be as low as possible.  If anyone could give me a recommendation for a online store, or a store near Arlington Texas that would be great! 

Have a blessed New Year,

PFHJ

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 371
BogIron wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 4:29 PM

Online I buy some my beading supplies from http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com/albuquerque.aspx These guys sell to the Native Americans in New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado and throughout the Southwest. The quality is good and the prices seem to be fair also. Another company is Indian Jewelry Supply and then there is Monster Slayer. Rio Grande Jewelry Supply Co. is also very good. All of these companies are located in New Mexico and have a lot of bead supplies, One more company to recommend is Rings & Things run by a fellow named Russ Nobbs, he has a great selection of quality goods. Also just do a search for beading supplies, there are a lot of good companies out there.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
eepjr24 wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 5:52 PM

I can add Etsy (SimplyPie is nice, there are many others), Goody Beads, Fire Mountain Gems, and give a call to your local Lapidary club (http://www.agemclub.org/). The Gem club can be a valuable source for reliable local sources and often have classes or friendly get togethers where you can meet other local jewelry crafters.

- Ernie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
PFHJ wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 10:35 PM

Wow! Great information. Thank you so much!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
PFHJ wrote
on 5 Jan 2013 10:36 PM

Thank you so much! I will definitely check out these sites.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS