plastic dip

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
GinnySycuro wrote
on 31 Dec 2012 5:24 PM

Happy New Year! I have been trying to find (for over a year) a type of colored transparent liquid plastic that when you make a loop out of wire and dip it into the medium it covers the wire and forms a thin coating of shiny plastic (much like a wand dipped into bubble liquid). This is not called a resin. Years ago it came in kids kits to make flower petals, wings and such. I do not know what it is sold as, haven't been able to find anyone who has it or knows what it is called. I have tried the usual outlets, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Joanns. If you know what it is called or where I can buy some I would most appreciate you telling me! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,122
TammyJones wrote
on 1 Jan 2013 7:31 PM

Hi Ginny,

I saw something like what I think you're talking about on a craft TV show once. The designer dipped old mismatched silverware handles into what looked like colored paint and let it dry, making really fun, modern-looking silverware. I'm pretty sure she referred to it as rubber dip, but it was hard like plastic when she was done... maybe she said epoxy? I'm not sure--but she got it at the hardware store and said folks use it to dip tool handles in. Maybe that will help? I hope so! Good luck.



Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS