How many pieces of jewelry do i need to start and online shop

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
gichuhi wrote
on 7 Dec 2012 12:33 AM

I live and make my jewelry from Kenya, and would like to start selling online via drop shipping from the US. We are already working on SEO and other logistics, but I need help with determining the right or appropriate number of pieces to start with in all the categories, that is earrings, necklaces, bracelets and other accessories. Should I start with 10, 20, 15, or how many of each category? Please help 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 371
BogIron wrote
on 8 Dec 2012 6:10 PM

It depends on the material you make them out of to a certain extent. If you have cash flow problems then you sure don't want to tie a lot of money up in Sterling silver but would rather want to make your items up out of beads, copper and brass. If you are doing an online catalog sales then you only need to one of each style to show what is available to the customer but you should be able to produce those styles in quantity and with skill. Your reputation is at stake on you ability to produce quality and quantity jewelry so you had better have the skill to do both or only offer what is already made up for sale.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
gichuhi wrote
on 8 Dec 2012 9:37 PM

Thank you for the advice. Here is the challenge, i cannot find most of the good material locally, most of it contains nickel and or is flimsy, so i have to import. But i have settled on stainless steel, its more affordable and i can have uniformly made pieces. My shipment on the way home.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS