new at this

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
korenafree Sad [:(] wrote
on 27 Nov 2012 6:44 AM
Love making the jewelry. Can not seem to be able to spend any money on some things so if anyone has any extra stuff my husband just reasent ly got laid off from his job and I'm trying to make extra money for Christmas and our new baby turns a year old in December as well so by any chance that someone has to much of. Some things to make jewelry you just might change a few lives
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 371
BogIron wrote
on 28 Nov 2012 2:23 PM

It is really tough to make much in the way of fast money with jewelry making. I have been making jewelry at home for neigh on to fifty years and for only a few of those years have I come any where near able to support a family on the proceeds from my efforts. It has taken both of us to do that, my wife at her job and me at the bench. Jewelry is not all that good right now and your skill set needs to be very high to make a go of it. Just stringing beads is not going to get you far this time of year. You should have had your inventory already made up for the holiday craft fairs. My opinion is that it's a bit late to start for this holiday season. If you are doing beading you may find someone on craigslist that  has quit beading and is selling their inventory and tools somewhat cheaply. I hope the situation with your family improves. My two adult sons have moved back in the house so while the economy is better it is still not sound. Until till it is sound jewelry is not first and foremost in most peoples mind. Perhaps there are other opportunities for seasonal work.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS