How to not sure! What is the difference?

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 3
C248 wrote
on 9 Nov 2012 12:30 PM

Hello,

What is the difference elasticized and nesting (not stretched out) bracelet.  I thought elasticized and stretch was the same thing.  I will be using pearl, swaravski crystal, dark grey, 12mm round beads. What does it look like if anyone has or can direct me to pictures or video that would be great..

Thank you

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 369
BogIron wrote
on 10 Nov 2012 5:01 PM

I have strung a few elastic bracelets in past but was never happy with the longevity of the material so gave up on that for better and longer lasting material for my strung bracelets.

Nested bracelets are, and here I'm guessing, the ones that fit together like nested rings where you can mix and match different stones and metals for a different look. I have made nested rings using traditional ring making methods and fitting them to the shape of the ring in front of and the ring behind. I have used copper, brass, bronze and silver but never gold, just not in my budget. It can be a fun and also frustrating exercise in metal forming to get them to all fit together in different combinations and still look like the belong together. It is not something that one accomplishes on the first go out of the box, it takes practice and effort to pull it off.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS