My Jewelry Blog (new)

This post has 19 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 31
Ask Richard wrote
on 4 Aug 2012 7:41 PM

I Recently started a (new) Jewelry Blog to share insights, tips, news, technical info and marketing suggestions for independant jewelry artists. Take a look, feel free to comment.

'Click'

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 31
Ask Richard wrote
on 27 Oct 2012 3:32 PM

Heads up:  -- lintas & stephenmiller --
Did you scroll down my Blog? (read the 2nd posting from the top; “Romancing Your Jewelry”) The article is all about marketing.’ 
Did you understand my meaning about: investing in yourself, making something new, learning something new and discovering something new in the posting: “My Career Of Discovery”? Those suggestions influence and shape marketing yourself ...a Big part of personalizing what you’re selling. In my posting, “Silver From the Mine” a central message I tried to convey is about helping other people and the benefits (including ones back to you) service to others brings.
Successful ‘marketing’ today is about developing your own ‘Brand.’ Your Brand involves more than a unique style, design or slogan, etc. Your Brand is who you are in the ‘publics mind.’ What you stand for and what benefit you and/or your products bring to others are an important part of branding strategy. 
My Blog, as I stated, is “to share insights, tips, news, technical info and marketing suggestions…” It’s not intended to address specific -help- issues. I do that (for free) in the "Ask Richard" column on our jewelry school site and in depth with people through my consulting service. (info on the school website)
Here’s a few marketing suggestions that will help in establishing your Brand and, I would hope, with the “Jewelry Making Daily” community at large.
  1. Post a Bio… people like to know who you are.
  2. Make a website if you sell commercially (e.g., other than friends)
  3. Post some photos of what you make.
The above suggestions are part of becoming more ‘public' a necessary step in branding yourself and in marketing what you do or make. I read too many postings from people who post quite a bit but -still- remain anonymous. Who are they? What’s their background? What do they make? Lots of “advise” ...but from who
Share something about yourself and what you make, what you like and who you are.
Success with your jewelry interests, 
Richard

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
on 28 Dec 2012 5:13 AM

I have visited your blog, its amazing!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 5
HyacenthLee wrote
on 1 Feb 2013 2:49 AM

Hello. :) I just visited your blog and I commend you for having a nice post.

I just want you to know that I learned from your blog.

Great post.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 24
Kavita000 wrote
on 15 Nov 2013 6:41 AM

Wow.. This is a very interesting post you have shared with us. I really liked it.

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS