New To The forum

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 9
Bob Rush wrote
on 5 Apr 2012 12:38 AM

Hi,

I joined the forum quite a while ago but just now got around to posting. My name is Bob Rush and I have been doing lapidary for 54 years and jewelry making for about 45 years. I don't make many jewelry items now but I do a lot of lapidary work. I've taught both lapidary and jewelry making for about 14 years mostly before I retired. Most of my time now is spent on the gem and mineral club where I am president.

Along with my wife we travel to a lot of Gem and Mineral shows in Central California to display our case as guest exhibitors. We display my metal work, carving, jewelry and my specialty in lapidary - very large cabs, up to 6" across.

I write articles for Lapidary Journal and other such magazines on occasion.

I'm looking forwardto learning whatever i can from others on the forum. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 183
SEllen 2 wrote
on 5 Apr 2012 2:10 PM

Welcome to JMD

Glad to have you join us.

Drop in often and chat with us.

TTYL!

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

http://Suzdesigns.ShopHandmade.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 996
TammyJones wrote
on 6 Apr 2012 11:02 AM

Welcome, Bob! I'd love for you to share photos of your work with everyone, if you're so inclined! I hope you enjoy JMD.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 9
Bob Rush wrote
on 7 Apr 2012 1:19 PM

How do I post to the forum and on what thread?

Bob

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 9
Bob Rush wrote
on 7 Apr 2012 1:19 PM

How do I post to the forum and on what thread?

Bob

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 183
SEllen 2 wrote
on 7 Apr 2012 4:19 PM

Bob

If you are wanting to post pictures of your work in the main forums they would go under "Reader Showcase" this is where other members can leave comments about your work. (If you'd like)

Or if you want to post and NOT have members comment, then look at the top banner under "Galleries" hover over and a list will drop down and go to "Members Gallery".

To post to the "Reader Showcase" or even to insert photos in other posts. Just click on the film strip looking icon at the top of the page where you compose your text. Then a box will pop and you can choose to insert a picture directly from your computer files or from an on-line source. Once you've chosen your picture then just click insert. It may take a minute to load.

If you need any help just sing out and we'll try and give you any help you may need.

I look forward to seeing your work. Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

http://Suzdesigns.ShopHandmade.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 9
Bob Rush wrote
on 7 Apr 2012 10:18 PM

I just posted some photos of my lapidary and jewelry work in the Readers Showcase heading.

Bob

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS