Firebrick turntable

This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Carie F. wrote
on 10 Feb 2012 8:38 AM

While viewing Lexi Erickson's videos I noticed she uses a lazy Susan turntable which holds the firebrick she solders on.  Anybody know where I can purchase this turntable?

Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
grogers511 wrote
on 10 Feb 2012 12:22 PM

Lexi had hers custom-made.  She offers them for sale on her website here:

http://www.lexiericksondesigns.com/solderStation.html

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Carie F. wrote
on 10 Feb 2012 12:57 PM

Thanks a bunch!!!!! Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
rymea wrote
on 26 Nov 2012 10:10 AM

I use a turntable meant for use in pottery making.  It is a two piece thing, looks like it is made of aluminum and stand about 6" high.  You might check pottery supplies.  It also comes in stainless steel.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 88
on 26 Nov 2012 6:42 PM

Hi--I used to use a potter's wheel type turntable, until one day it got too hot and broke with an earth-shattering sound and little pieces flying around my face.  I decided something had to be better than that. My turntable moves easily with just a nudge of your finger.  A stand]ard fire brick fits right in, the turntable will last forever.  It sure has made my bezel setting easier!  The bad thing about an aluminum tray is it can't take the heat, and if you have pumice in the tray, its uneven when you go to push down on something.  Of course I'm biased, but  I think my idea is helping lots of jewelers out there in their studios.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 6
rymea wrote
on 27 Nov 2012 7:38 AM

That is a very nice set up you are offering. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 8
SouthernFire wrote
on 15 May 2013 7:23 PM

Lexi - went to the link that was referenced in this thread to find your turntable but the link is dead.  I saw the turntable in some of your videos and now, every time I have to hang over a piece on my soldering bench, I wish I had the turntable!  Do you still offer it?  If not, any idea who might carry one or something like it?

Thanks for all you do for the industry -

Carolyn

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 88
on 16 May 2013 1:35 PM

Hi Carolyn-- Don't despair!  I'm currently not making them, but they will be back in production soon.  I'm changing manufacturers at this time, but I will put you on the list to notify as soon as they come out.  My email is Lexi.erickson@mac.com if you want to contact me and we will keep in touch. Thank you for your interest.  You will love it, it's makes things so much easier and safer. 

hugs,

lexi

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS